Thursday, August 28, 2008

sorry it's been a while

I know I haven't posted anything in a few weeks. All is well here. The kids are doing great in school and having fun. We've been busy with school, piano lessons (Kestrel's taking them now as well), Brownies (did I mention I'm one of the leaders this year), playdates and now soccer is starting up (Kestrel).

I just got back Monday from a fabulous long weekend away with the girls. It was our second annual girlfriend trip. This time thirteen of us were able to get away (and left 29 children behind). We rented a GORGEOUS house on Lake Michigan in Michigan City, IN. Thanks to my wonderful husband who showed the kids a great time while I was away. I believe they had a fun movie night, went to the Sweet Corn Festival and played mini golf.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from my weekend (taken by Amy, Michelle and Mary, respectively):
The view from our upper deck. The house had three levels, with a deck on each.

The view from the middle deck at sunset. That's the Chicago skyline just to the right of the sun.


Looking up the stairs from the lower level.

If you'd like to see more pictures of the house, check out Joanna's blog at http://blondeinabottle.blogspot.com/.

No comments: