Sunday, October 29, 2006

"my room"



Kestrel wanted to participate in the PTA "Reflections" program (where students submit creative works, such as art, literature, music, etc., to be judged). The theme this year is "My Favorite Place" and Kestrel created a painting and a poem, both titled "My Room".
Here are her works! She thinks she is going to win for her painting. It is very good, in my own unbiased opinion. I can't seem to get through to her, though, that winning is not supposed to be the point. However, I'm really rooting for the poem!
I know the pictures are a little hard to see, especially the poem, so I'll re-print it here.
My Room, by Kestrel
My room, my room
I like my room.
My room is very nice.
My room has lots of different things.
The one I sleep in is my bed.
I have a toy box.
I have a dresser.
I have two closets and I have a hermit crab.
My room makes me feel so joyful and happy.
I feel really protected and safe in my room.
My room, my room
I like my room.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The poem "My Room" is really good. We enjoyed it.
Maya and Erica