Thursday, January 18, 2007

some updates

I know its been a while, so I thought I'd give a few updates (my friend Amy said she was tired of looking at Kaya on the blog:)).

Kestrel is so excited about selling girl scout cookies. Her personal goal is 709 boxes, but lets just say she has quite a ways to go. She's not shy about going up to doors in our neighborhood to peddle cookies (we go with her, of course).

Remember the PTA Reflections project that Kestrel entered (you can read about it here)? We found out, thanks to my friend Trish reading the PTA school newsletter, that Kestrel's work was one of 7 from the school to advance to the council level, and one of 2 from the school to go on to the district level. Go Kestrel! We don't yet know which work it was, the painting or the poem, but I'll try to find out.

Cooper is just as cute as ever. He got a new pair of shoes the other day, because his Cars sneakers are getting small. He really wanted the "shoes with eyes" that were on sale at Stride Rite. Yes, they really have little snake eyes, and are reptile inspired shoes. Yes he loves them, but now insists his Cars shoes still fit too.

Cooper has been singing Paul's praises, going on and on about how smart Paul is. Yesterday out of the blue he said "Daddy is AMAZING with science!" And went on about how Daddy knows about sea animals (I think it might have had something to do with Spongebob, but I'm not sure). Later, he was getting frustrated with himself and said "I don't know everything!" I tried to talk about how nobody knows everything, but he kept insisting "Daddy does!"

Last weekend the kids decided that Daddy is the fun one, and Mommy is the nice one. Hmmm. I think I'd like to be the fun one. When I said that to Kestrel she said "Sorry, that one's taken." And sometimes I don't feel like the nice one, especially when I'm being told how mean I am.

I started making a doll bathrobe, for Kestrel's Anna. I told Cooper if he picked out one of his stuffed animals I'd make some clothes for it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of this entry. Erica is selling cookies, too. Her goal is 200. I loved the part about Cooper thinking Paul knows everything. That stage doesn't last forever, but it's cute while it does. The nice one and the fun one . . . neither choice is bad. I can't really imagine the kids chosing Paul to be more fun than Dori, though. What does he do that's so fun? Maybe it's because you save the extra fun stuff to do when Paul can do it, too.
Caroline