Wednesday, February 14, 2007

drifts


I took this picture out of our front door last night, to show that our steps are completely buried by the snow drift. Paul didn't like my picture, so he went outside (which I wanted to avoid) and took a picture of the front of the house, below.


I guess I should have taken pictures during the day, but I didn't think it about until late. We had a little blizzard here yesterday. The city stopped trying to plow in the morning because they couldn't keep up with the wind, although it kept snowing all day. School was cancelled yesterday and is cancelled again today. We did make it out of the house yesterday and drove (through unplowed streets) to a neighbor's house a couple of blocks away for a playgroup (we were the only ones we showed up). We were literally driving over big snow drifts, and got stuck a couple of times, but eventually made it through the snow with my trusty all-wheel-drive Subaru. I figured we weren't going far and the worse that would happen was that Paul might have to walk over and shovel us out. Paul was home because his office decided to close when they stopped plowing. Pretty much all businesses were closed.
So everything is calmed down today (aside from the stir crazy kids stuck in the house). Its actually a nice, sunny, blue sky day, with a foot of snow and huge snow drifts on the ground.

2 comments:

Darcie Kirby said...

Glad to hear you are surviving the storm. I can't believe they just cancled school for Thursday! Anyway I am supposed to tagg someone, so tag your it. You now need to share 6 weird things about yourself and 6 things that make you happy.

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful. I love seeing the deep snow that has never been stepped in. And the snow is still falling. It is so peaceful, especially at night.
Thanks for sharing these pictures. I think it's the most winter we've had in 5 years.
Caroline