Wednesday, May 09, 2007

dinner by the lake



Right before dinner time Kestrel was begging me to take her fishing. Well, I wasn't about to do that, especially without Paul, but I agreed we could have a dinner picnic by the lake instead. SO, we quickly packed up some turkey sandwiches, hummus, bread and sugar snap peas and went over to the "fishing lake". We sat on the dock eating, and had a nice surprise when Paul stopped by unexpectedly. The kids were excited about the baby goslings, and Kestrel was having fun feeding the goslings her bread. After we ate they were trying to feed all the geese (there were a lot there), but then they started getting scared when the geese got aggressive, running at them honking and hissing for more bread. That's when we went home. It was a nice little impromptu dinner, though.

I've got to admit, I'm thankful for my camera phone. Even though it doesn't take the greatest pictures, it's always there for me for these spur-of-the-moment times.

1 comment:

joanna said...

very fun! once when kieran was little we fed the geese in the pond in front of target (yep, it was really classy) and the geese got a bit aggressive with us too but these weird, blind river rat things started chasing it. it was so gross. now we don't feed geese very much. what a fun story, huh?

anyway, i like all your new posts! i wish i had a camera phone!