Sunday, May 27, 2007

just like a couple of cowgirls


Kestrel and I started horseback riding lessons this morning. Kestrel has been asking to take lessons for a while. When I was looking into it I decided I'd like to try it too, and thought it would be a fun thing for us to do together. The lessons include riding and horsemanship (grooming & saddling). My horse was an Appaloosa named Dice, and Kestrel's was a Paint named Minnie. I was a little nervous in the beginning as I've never been on a horse before, but it was really fun. I don't think Kestrel was a bit nervous. She's been talking about the lesson all day. She says the most exciting part was that she got to ride all by herself without the instructor even close to her! Unfortunately, we have to miss next week's lesson, but we're looking forward to going back in two weeks.
Hopefully soon we'll get some pictures. I did not take the picture above, by the way. I took it off of the stable's website.

2 comments:

Donita said...

I am SO HAPPY for you two! Have a great time. Good for you, Dori, to do something you've always wanted to do! I am jealous :( I love kissing horses noses!

Tina said...

See? I knew you would have a great weekend!