Friday, October 05, 2007

pierced ears!

My girl got her ears pierced! We had told Kestrel she could get her ears pierced when she turned 8. However, this past Tuesday we had some time for a mommy-Kestrel morning, as Kestrel is on break from school, Cooper was in school, and we had nothing planned for the morning. I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do together. I discussed it with Paul and we both felt she was close enough (she'll turn 8 in less than 2 months). So, when I woke her up in the morning I told her we'd have a special day and get her ears pierced.

She was so excited! We had breakfast out and then arrived at the mall before the stores were open. She wanted to wait outside of Claire's. She couldn't think of doing anything else. She was a little nervous, but very brave. She picked out the pink crystal flower earrings. Afterwards, she told everyone she saw that she just got her ears pierced. When asked if it hurt, she described how it "hurt a little for half a second, and then felt weird for a few minutes, but then felt like my normal ears!" We did some shopping and I bought her some new clothes and a purple headband to show off her earrings. She was ecstatic all day, and kept telling me that I was the nicest Mom ever!

Here she is cleaning her pierced ears, in the mirror. She wants to take care of them herself and doesn't want me to help. So grown up! I tried to get a close up of her ears with the earrings, but I couldn't get it in focus. Oh well, I'm not much of a photographer.


1 comment:

The Atkisson Family said...

She was definitely so proud!! And the headband was adorable... that one she got from "Claire's, my favorite accessory store". So cute, and so grown up at the same time!