Monday, October 29, 2007

halloween funfest (or, halloween part I)

Tonight I took the kids to the mall for the annual Halloween Funfest. Yes, it was pretty much the same as last year with too many pushy people and long lines, but they really wanted to go again, and didn't believe me when I said they didn't have that much fun last year. Besides, there was a costume contest, which was just way too enticing for Kestrel. I figured they are only kids for a short time so if they wanted to go, I would take them.

They both participated in the costume contest. Cooper as the Black Power Ranger didn't win anything in his group (crazy judges), but Kestrel got called up as one of the top 10 in her group. She was very proud!


Power Ranger and Scarecrow - on our way out to the mall.

Kestrel on stage with the top 10 costumes!


Her top 10 prize was a token for the carousel. I bought one for Cooper so they could have a ride together.

2 comments:

Tina said...

cute! I kept Evie far away from the food court deliberatly to avoid the contest crowd.. We got there at 6 and left at 7 so we did great avoiding lines.. got our candy, got her face painted, played a few games and got out of there! I heard that the Cirque De Solei people were in the food court area.. I would have liked to see them walking around on stilts, but Evie had no idea that anything like that was happeneing so again, I avoided it! Looks like you guys had fun! The kids costumes are great!

The Atkisson Family said...

Kestrel's costume looks wonderful! You are so talented. (Cooper looks great too, of course!)