Sunday, November 11, 2007

happy trails


Here's Kestrel with Kelly the horse following our riding lesson this morning. Kelly is her favorite horse for lessons. Today I rode Boots, a very pretty mare. She's a nice horse despite her tendency to want to stop abruptly without warning (hopefully NOT when I'm up in a two-point). I never really had any experience with horses prior to starting riding lessons, and I'm enjoying the fact that each horse has his or her own personality, and his or her own quirks. We had to miss our lesson last week because I woke up sick, sick ,sick, but it was fun to go back today.


Some other news: Kestrel got a part in a local production of the musical "Miracle on 34th Street". Her part is one of Judge Harper's Grandchildren, and she'll also be a caroler. It's a small part, but still she gets to be on stage! Her friend Zanden is also one of the grandchildren. She's very excited and I think it will be a fun experience. Performances run from Dec. 14th through Dec. 22. For more information you can go to http://www.brightlightstheatre.org/public/.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Kestrel looks so grown up next to that horse!! I'm glad that you two are enjoying that together.. maybe in a couple of years Evie and I will do that. SOunds wonderful! Miss seeing you guys! Hope you are well!

Donita said...

SO cool Kestrel got 2 parts in the play! And SO happy you guys are enjoying the horses - I can't wait to do that with Sarah.