Sunday, December 03, 2006

aloha, it's a birthday luau


dancing the hula..."Oh we're going, to a hukilau..."

playing pass the coconut

Kestrel vs. the pinata

Cooper vs. the pinata

volcano cake!

Kestrel's birthday party was today. She wanted a Hawaiian Luau theme. 9 girls came, and we had grass skirts, leis, and the works. It seemed like they all had a great time. Lots of screeching! They decorated flip flops, learned a hula dance, then ate hamburgers, hot dogs and fruit skewers for lunch. After lunch they danced the limbo, played musical chairs and pass the coconut, ate cake and ice cream, and finally smashed the parrot pinata.

Kestrel specifically requested a volcano cake with a sparkler on top. I was up a bit late making it, but I think it came out pretty good. Paul was a big help in leveling everything off so it would all fit together.

5 comments:

joanna said...

oh my gosh this is the cutest thing i've ever seen! the party looks awesome, i wish kestrel had invited me!!! i would love to make ribbon flip flops and play pass the coconut!

awesome job with the cake, you could market your cake-making talents to a very specific slice of the party industry!

now that kestrel's bday is done what are you going to move onto next??

Darcie Kirby said...

The cake turned out great!

Amy Drane said...

Sorry for giving you such a hard time on the cake! You did a marvelous job and the kids looked like they had so much fun! I agree with Joanna, I wish I was invited :) Sounds like a Moms Night Out idea :)

LilySea said...

I am totally impressed with that cake!

Dori said...

Thanks everyone! By the way, Darcie told me that Savoy is offering Hula lessons for adults...