Sunday, July 13, 2008

afternoon canoeing

This afternoon we decided to go canoeing at a state park not too far from here. Kestrel brought up the idea at lunch, and we all agreed it would be fun. In the spring I went canoeing with Kestrel's brownie troop at the same place. That time we paddled down a short stretch of the river there. Today we intended to canoe the river again, but when we arrived we found out they had closed off the river because the water was too high and fast (we've had a lot of rain lately). Instead, we rented canoes and went out on the lake. We had a great time. Paul and Cooper were in one canoe and Kestrel and I were in the other. We were out on the lake about an hour and a half. We definitely want to do it again before the summer's over. We saw a few people with dogs in their canoes, and though I suggested we try it with Harrison we all decided that not only would he not fit very well, but he'd surely tip the canoe. We do want to go back to the park with him another day and let him swim in the lake.

By the way, I did not take this picture, and we don't know the people in it. I actually stole it off of the state park's website. That's where we were, though!

1 comment:

Donita said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love canoing. I am glad you guys went.