Saturday, July 05, 2008

happy 4th of july!

I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July Holiday.

On Thursday (July 3rd), Kestrel and Cooper's camp had their annual 4th of July parade. They decorated t-shirts for the event, and marched around chanting and singing and basically having fun.

Kestrel with her friends Olivia (middle) and Tyler (left). This picture was taken by my friend Jenifer P., that's why its so much better than the rest.


Cooper walking with one of his counselors, of course. When I come to get the kids for lunch after camp, Cooper is always sitting with one of his counselors.
Cooper with some of his friends.

Kestrel once again with Olivia and Tyler

Yesterday in the morning I took the kids to a little celebration at our neighborhood park with a fire truck, bounce house, and lots of kids on bikes. Later in the afternoon we had our annual 4th of July cookout. The only picture I took was of this centerpiece that Kestrel made for the party. Pretty nice, huh? I did see a few of my friends with cameras, so perhaps someone will send me some pictures (hint hint)...

We did have a great time, with lots of eating and drinking and tons of kids running around being crazy. We even got to light some sparklers and see some of the fireworks from our neighborhood after the party.

1 comment:

Amy Drane said...

The IA parade looked like so much fun! Caleb & Olivia missed not being in it this year! LOVE THE SHIRTS!!!

Tyler's war paint is out of this world!!!!