Sunday, June 24, 2007

riding

Kestrel is riding a horse named Kelly at our riding lesson this morning.

Kestrel's been riding Kelly the past two weeks. I've been riding Toes the past three weeks. Last week right after I got on him, he started jumping a few times. It scared me! I guess I must have done something he didn't like. No jumping this week, thankfully. We did "barrel racing" at the end of our lesson today, where we trotted around barrels. I thought it was fun, and Toes seemed to enjoy it. Kestrel had a little trouble steering Kelly, who didn't seem to want to trot, around the barrels. We all had fun, though, and everyone laughed when I knocked over one of the barrels. Kestrel loves taking care of the horses, and keeps talking about how she wants to live on a farm when she's grown and ride horses everywhere instead of driving.
I snapped this picture at the end of our lesson with my phone. It's pretty blurry, but I still couldn't resist posting it here.

1 comment:

Donita said...

I am SO glad you two are having a blast! I wish I could join you :)