Wednesday, June 04, 2008

the eyes have it

The other day Cooper was helping me pump gas and accidentally splashed gasoline in his eye. Ouch! Fortunately there happened to be a fireman in the car next to us, who ran inside with me to help me flush out Cooper's eyes. Thank you Tad!
Cooper was fine after we flushed his eyes, but I had to take him to the doctor anyway just to make sure. Our pediatrician sent us to the eye doctor. Cooper was a trooper through all the doctors and waiting. It helped that I let him play with my phone, and he was taking pictures of himself and everything else. Here he is waiting for the eye doctor, making a silly face.

Anyone know a way to get the gasoline smell out of his clothes? Washing didn't seem to do it.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my!! Poor Cooper! I'm so glad that he is alright.. I would have panicked!

The Atkisson Family said...

I am glad that he is ok. Must have sent you for a loop!

Don't know on the clothes- I know a bath in tomato juice is supposed to kill the smell if you get sprayed by a skunk..... don't know if it would work on gasoline (but his clothes would then be stained red anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter- sorry no help here!)